Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Hello,
     I spent some time closer to God this past week.  Not really.  I did, however, spend some time lofted above the clouds in the sky flying to Denver and back.
     In truth, Christians  (or I should say the Christians to whom I preach) do not believe that God is “up there”, or that God is “the man upstairs.”    We do believe that God’s power, wisdom, love and glory is greater, or above ours.  So, when we speak of God coming “down” to us, we are not speaking spatially but qualitatively in all the things of which God is greater than us.
     So, where is God when you have made a mess of your life and the stench of it is like that of a cesspool?  Where is God when you have accomplished a life long goal, and you are acclaimed by all around you?  Where is God when you are lost and don’t know which way to go?  Where is God when you are confident, and maybe even a bit arrogant?
     The answer: right with you.
Psalm  139:7-12

Where can I go from your spirit?
   Or where can I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
   if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.
If I take the wings of the morning
   and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
   and your right hand shall hold me fast.
If I say, ‘Surely the darkness shall cover me,
   and the light around me become night’,
even the darkness is not dark to you;
   the night is as bright as the day,
   for darkness is as light to you.

I wrote a song based on this verse.  Take a listen.



Have a great week.
God’s grace and peace, (ggap)

Pastor Jerry Nuernberger

No comments:

Post a Comment